Family Day is around the corner and we are thankful for this day to celebrate our families and spend quality time together!
This February set some time aside this Family day to do some fun crafts and activities to bring your family even closer together. How often do you have everyone at the table to create a family masterpiece?
1. Go to a “Make your Own” Pottery store and make a family plate with handprints or names.
2. Trace the hands of everyone in your family to make a poster, family tree, hand flowers or mural for your house.
3. Play “My Favourites” with your kids. Write out questions and go around the table asking and answering questions about your family’s favourite colours, animals, foods, movies, books. You’ll be surprised at what you learn about each other! After you have the answers, older kids can create a Family word search with everyone’s names and favourite things! Or print off a family word search and help kids recognize the words.
4. Plan and prepare and family dinner together! Everyone gets to choose a dish or a course and every pitches in to help make it (if you plan ahead, you can also all shop for ingredients too)! Be sure to check out our family-friendly meals and ideas for cooking with kids when you are looking for suggestions!
5. Family Dance Party! Take turns showing off your best dance moves and teaching them to the other family members. Let each person pick their favourite song and put on a performance. This is a great way to stay active together and have some laughs. Create a memorable moment by teaching your kids how to slow dance- they can even watch mommy and daddy!
6. Get outside and have fun; take a hike, make a snowman together, or hit the tobaggan hills! Need some new ideas? Here are some fun ways to have family time in the snow!
Happy Family Day!