Kid-friendly New Year’s Resolutions
As we ring in a new year, it’s a great time for families to come together and set some new goals… This can bring a family closer together and give everyone a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction.
For best success, choose just a few New Year’s resolutions, and make them specific and manageable. Here are some ideas for kid-friendly and family New Year’s resolutions…
Give your kids a few simple goals that they are able to manage:
- I will try to find a sport (like swimming or soccer) or an activity (like dancing or or riding my bike) that I like and I do it at least 3 times a week.
- I will always wear my helmet when bicycling.
- I will drink milk and water, and limit pop and fruit drinks.
- I will finish my homework every day before I play with electronics or the computer.
- I will get plenty of sleep each night so that I am rested and ready to learn at school each day.
Types of Family resolutions can include:
- Eat healthy this year by cutting fast food one less time each week. Add at least one fresh fruit snack to your daily routine. Introduce one new vegetable each week.
- Spend 30 minutes outside playing together as often as possible, regardless of the weather.
- Add a physical activity or play time to the calendar. Schedule an evening walk, fitness class, or soccer games for kids with the same commitment as other important meetings.
- Schedule sit down dinners as a family as often as possible. Agree not to sit in front of the T.V. while eating.
- Introduce a Family Game Night. One day a week turn all the televisions off, put the video games away, sit down together and play a game, start to finish.
Make this New Year, a better and healther year for you and your family! Happy 2013!