My Sister-in-Law is expecting her first child in October and we’re all getting excited to see our new little nephew! In a few weeks, a baby shower is coming and I’ve been trying to think of what she really needs as a new mom. The first place I’m checking is here on PTPA for some great, creative, and different than your average baby shower gift ideas.
Here’s 10 things I’m looking at:
1. Daddy Diaper Changing Toolbox. Ok, I laughed almost maniacally when I saw this gift. My Sister-In-Law’s husband is a joker and this would be PERFECT for him. A whole kit dedicated to helping new dad survive a dirty diaper: a mask, a poncho, goggles, tongs – hilarity in a box. This just might be happening!
2. Milkies Milk-Saver. After nursing 3 kids, I have to say it’s terrific to have a product like this. What a neat idea! I was definitely a leaker. Designed to collect milk on the non-nursing side, these seem easy to just pop into your bra and the milk drips into the collection cup instead of all over your shirt. Once you collect the milk, you can simply dump it into a milk storage bag and pop in the fridge. I *think* she plans to breastfeed, so this could be a unique gift.
3. Rock-Ease. These are teething necklaces. Hard enough to ease the pain of teething but soft enough not to hurt. These products look terrific and so kid friendly – plus they aren’t hideous. I could see them even being great nursing necklaces for baby to fiddle while while feeding. They are top-rack dishwasherable, which is fabulous.
4. Temple Touch Thermometer. I think this product sounds terrific. I can’t tell you how many thermometers have gotten lost or broken at our place. Having a simple instant reading thermometer would be so handy – especially with a sleeping newborn. Maybe I’ll have to even get one for my house. All you have to do is touch the thermometer to the child’s temple for an accurate reading. I love that it means no more under arm struggles or sticking it into a germy mouth (or worse…).
5. BabbaCo Babba Cover. This infant car seat cover has got to be THE cutest thing ever. It looks like an adorable cartoon car – which for a boy is perfect. Of course, they have some girly alternative. It’s terrific! A great way to keep a little one warm in the winter and safe from the sun in the summer. It’s got a window and pockets for storing extras. It doesn’t interfere with the car seat mechanisms or straps – meaning that Jr. is still perfectly safe, and it looks easy to come off and put on.
Honestly , there a a TON of outstanding and award-worthy products on the PTPA website for baby shower ideas. These were just 5 of the ones that caught my eye and got me thinking that I should probably order something soon!
What is your favourite baby shower gift?