There seems to be a baby surge in my group of friends lately! I thought I would send out a blog post to all you mamas and mamas-to-be to make you laugh (and possibly cringe). These comments were actually said to me either during my first pregnancy or my second with twins – no joke!
1. Stop sticking out your tummy.
2. You know, you don’t have to eat for two now.
3. You’re not going to get fat, are you?
4. Twins?! I would NOT want to be you right now!
5. Twins? So you’re killing two birds with one stone.
6. Are you going to deliver vaginally?
7. You are SO going to go on bed rest!
8. You gained too much weight this month.
9. A death brings a new life (I had just lost someone who meant the world to me)
10. How do you know for sure that you’re pregnant?
I would love to tell you who said what, and you may be able to guess some. Only a few of these comments were from strangers, believe it or not! Thankfully, not one of these comments was from my ever-loving husband!!
Ah, pregnancy. It really brings out the best in people…and their filters go right out the window!
So tell me, what comments have you received that shocked you? I’d love to hear them in a comment below!