Back to School Spa Day!
With school just around the corner, it really makes me sad that summer is pretty much over and that soon my baby will be at school again. So, this little recipe I pulled out of the vaults to share with all of you wonderful PTPA readers.
It’s my favorite Organic facial that you can make at home with ingredients you already have in your pantry!
Here’s what you will need:
- 1/2 cup of Oatmeal (Organic Instant is optional)
- 1 Large Organic egg minus yolk.
- 1 ripe Organic Banana
- 1 tbsp. of Pure Organic Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. of Organic Honey
- Foundation Brush
- Blender or Coffee Grater
- 2 Green Tea Bags (Optional)
- 2 slices of Cucumber (Optional)
- Get a ripe banana and start mashing it on a plate with a fork, leave a few chunks and don’t make it too liquidy.
- In a seperate bowl, seperate egg and discard shell and yolk.
- In the same bowl, add 1 TBSP of Olive Oil and 1 TSP. of Honey and mashed banana mixture.
- With a blender, grate the 1/2 cup of oatmeal into a fine grain or if you choose to (I did) leave the oatmeal a bit chunky. Add oatmeal to batter.
- Rinse your face with warm water to open pores, using a foundation brush, begin to evenly coat your face with mixture.
- Once evenly coated on both of your faces, let it sit for about 15 mins. or until it hardens.
- Add green tea bags or 2 slices of Cucumbers for those dark under-eye circles.
- Once hardened, use lukewarm water to massage gently and remove mask. This is where the chunks of oatmeal exfoliate your skin!
- Have fun and enjoy your newly exfoliated skin!
The best part of making these little facials at home is the time spent. With the hustle and bustle of school, it’s difficult not impossible though, to do things like this as often as we do in summer. I know that Gabs always loves doing facials and medi/pedis at home and what little girl doesn’t like having her robe on and relaxing with cucumbers on her eyes like a grown-up?
As you can see pictured above, I enjoy it too and it keeps my skin nice and exfoliated, smooth and rejuvenated. Don’t mind the no make-up and the piles of laundry in the back! Maybe I should have removed them before taking the pic, huh?
The life of a mom!
So, what do you guys do to unwind before back to school, do you have a little ritual to celebrate the beginning of the new school year?
Let me know, til next time!