With Easter Right around the corner I wanted to let you all in on a craft that I do with my kids Easter egg shell art. We all dye at least a dozen eggs for Easter, most of us dye way more then that . Here is a fun way to use those left over egg shells.
1. First Dye would eggs. This works better if they are all one solid color, but a few rainbow colors would be cool too
2. Next peel your Easter Egg making sure to save the egg shells. Now pause to enjoy your hard boiled egg any way you like:) I like mine with just a bit of salt and pepper on top! YUMMY!
3. Now what to do with the egg shells. Your going to want to dry them out. So find a safe place for them. Also try to keep the like colors together. This is pretty important for this craft to work correctly.
4. Once the egg shells are dye (I normally give it about 24 hours) You’ll want to put them in a zip lock bag.
5. Now you can crush the shells to make the pieces very small. I like to use a rolling pen for this. Make sure you pull out any left over “skin” it’s the very thin film that is on the inside of the egg shell. When you dry out the egg the skin isn’t really a problem, but you might have some bigger pieces holding together the shell your trying to crush.
6. Ok so now what? Now the fun part!! So you have your shells and now you also need paper (construction paper is best) and some good ol’ Elmers glue.
7. Come up with a picture you would like to draw and use the glue to start. Draw in glue the picture you would like to make.
8. Now sprinkle the Shells in the color that you want to use over the clue.
9. Pick up your paper and shake the excess shells onto another sheet of paper and pour the shells back into the zip lock
10. Continue like this. Make sure to only draw the glue a bit at a time so as to not mix your colors.
11. Let dry! This are fun because the texture is so much fun to feel and touch.
PS: The best part about this project….It isn’t GLITTER!!
Now you can add glitter if you like, but in my house glitter is the devil. I Hate it with a passion. It gets into EVERYTHING and takes ages to get out.