Summer is not the only time of year you should get out and explore!
Take the kids this March Break on a Winter Snow Scavenger Walk!
- Smell the snow, what does it smell like?
- Can you find a tree branch with a leaf on it still?
- Listen to the sounds of winter. Be quiet, be still, what did you hear?
- Search for tracks in the snow. What kind of tracks are they? Are they animal tracks?
- Find the largest icicle you can find. If it’s clean give it a try!
- If it’s snowing, open your mouth wide and catch one on your tongue. What does snow taste like?
- Look for an animal. Do you see one? How do you think animals stay warm in the winter?
- Get a magnifying glass, and take a close look at a snow flake. Can you find 2 the same?
- Touch the snow. Does it make a sound? What does it feel like?
- When you get back home, grab a piece of paper and draw what you seen and did.
Talk with your kids and teach along the way! Get out and enjoy a good Canadian Winter!
After your fun and educational walk, snuggle up with a hot chocolate, and a good book.
Blog In R Dream
CONGRATULATIONS! You found the hidden Scavenger Hunt contest from our PTPA March Insider Newsletter!
How would you like a chance to win a Crunch a Color game for your picky eater? Of course you would! This game adds incentive for them to eat their veggies and fruits and gets rid of the struggle at meal times! Yes, really! Enter to win! Contest is open to both US and Canadian residents. Contest will close on Thursday, March 22nd. Winner will be announced on PTPA’s Facebook page and emailed.