I sit here amongst a sea of boxes and piles of paper.Â Every room in our house is in complete disarray and our powder room is currently being used for storage. The last few weeks have been nutso for me.Â Not sure why I thought moving with a 10 month old was a smart idea. As much as I planned for the move there were a few things, and obvious ones, that seemed to slip my mind.
I didnâ€™t think through things like nap times, feedings and where my son was supposed to go while the â€śmoveâ€ť was actually happening.
Here are a couple of tips I thought I would share:
- Pack essential items in boxes and put them in your car â€“ so you donâ€™t lose track of where you put them.
- People are usually very willing to help, just ask and be clear on what you need help with i.e. organizing the kitchen or cleaning the bathroom
- To help with #2, get a piece of chart paper and make a list of the things you would like done.Â This will allow people to know what you are thinking, should you not be available to ask.
- Try to plan to have your child â€“ and pet for that matter â€“ at a different location during the move.Â This will allow them a place to roam free of mess and moving men and also allow for a quieter nap.
- Get your childâ€™s room unpacked first. Ensuring you know where diapers and special toys are making for happier times for everyone.
I keep telling myself that things will get organized in time ….I canâ€™t wait for that day.
I would love to know what tips and tricks you have used when moving?