At Christmas I decided to buy a Soda Stream Soda maker for my DH as a gift that would keep on giving. Sometimes when you buy these novelty type products they fade and get shoved in the back of your cupboard and forgotten about. Well I can happily say our soda maker sits proudly on our counter 7 months after being purchased – and it is not collecting dust!
Our Soda Stream gets used a number of times each week to make delicious, ASPARTAME FREE, sparkling water, soda and flavoured waters.
- There are a variety of Soda Stream machines to choose from that will suit everyone’s kitchen decor.
- A wide variety of flavours to choose from that really do taste like their bottled/canned counterpart.
- Can order your SodaStream supplies online if you don’t have a retailer near you (Sears in Canada and selected WaterDepot stores carry these).
- Can customize the amount of bubbles and sweetness to your own taste.
- Everyone who has access to regular tap water can use this system.
- Saves you money in the long run!
- Environmentally friendly reusable bottles and refillable CO2 cartridges.
- The plastic bottles cannot be washed in the dishwasher and they only have a 3 year lifespan.
- My dog does not like the “buzzing” sound the machine makes – it is really funny to see her run out of the kitchen.
- Initial start up cost can be a bit high. The lowest priced kit starts at $99 and some models go up to $279.
If your family drinks a lot of soda water or pop I highly recommend picking up a system for yourself. You will be doing something good for yourself, your family and the environment.