From the minute we walked in the door, we were taken back to our childhood and with eyes wide open, we dove into the difficult task of finding new PTPA Nominees for our upcoming Toy Campaign.
Not only did we play, get great free stuff for our kids, and meet amazing entrepreneurs; we also got to search for toys that we think that our testers will deem the new PTPA Winners of 2011!
Here is a list of what toys we would LOVE to test this year!
Top 5 Toys from Day 1
1. ‘Talk Point’ and ‘Talk Board’ from Learning Resources. These multipurpose tools for communication really blew us away. With the small ‘Talk Point’, you can record a message to your child and send it in their school bag “Good Luck on your Math Test” or “Don’t forget to eat your carrots” would not only be fun for the kids to hear, I know mom’s would prefer this over a note that might be overlooked! The similar ‘Talk Board’ is a white board that can be recorded. I see this is a fabulous tool for my Zack to encourage his speech and communication. I could draw a cow and record “moo”- encouraging recognition between sounds and images. The Special Needs community would love these items, as would teachers and parents!
2. LEGO has come out with LEGO Sort n Store that will be any Type-A mom’s dream come true! They are adorable with different facial expressions. The kids will actually WANT to clean up their toys in this funny minifigure head that sorts it when you shake!
3. We loved seeing previous winners like International Playthings who not only served up Hebrew National hot dogs, but also showed off their latest toys like the zanzoon Animap interactive talking map and Wild Science Glamology (the girl equivalant to the PTPA winner Bath Bomb).
4. ‘Happy Napper’ had tweeted for us to come visit their booth…and they did not disappoint! These adorable play pillows are perfect for overnighters and travelling. Turned one way, they are a cuddly friend, then you can turn it inside out, and zip up your cozy animal in their own home (equiped with a working doorbell to wake up your animal)! Not only is this a fabulous idea for both boys and girls, a portion of all proceeds go to The Children’s Brain Tumor Foundation plus they donate their Happy Nappers to kids in the hospital. One more reason we think they are nominated!
5. Kathryn’s all-time favourite item we saw was not really a toy, but a pet for your kids! Wild Creations EcoAquariums had us mesmorized for half and hour! The Classic EcoAquarium is so low maintenance, kids can truly be empowered to feed them only twice a week and adorable! The 4 by 4 inch tank contains 2 African Dwarf frogs (totally cleaner than the pond frogs we kept for 3 weeks), Lucky Bamboo Plant, Decorative rock, Living Gravel (that absorbs the yucky stuff that makes the water dirty), care guide and Colored Gravel. You only need to clean this aquarium once every 3 months and the water stays clean until then! I’ve had REAL pond frogs…I will definitely do this next time my kids ask us for a pet!
Off to start Day 2 and meet some fab bloggers and tweeps we’ve been dying to meet! I’m excited to see Hasbro, Fisher Price, Leapfrog, VTech and Mattel!!!
More of our newest nominees coming tomorrow!
Which of these would YOU love to test and why???